Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Well, Easter is coming early this year.  I love Easter and spring time.  Spring is my favorite time of year.  It is not too cold and not too hot.  You can have your windows open to feel the breeze and hear the birds.  (The ones that have made nests in the eaves of our house!)  The grass wakes up and eventually is green again.  I just love this season. However, spring does not last long in Arizona.  The heat comes way too fast...even before we get out of school to start our summer break.

I also love Easter.  We have enjoyed the secular celebration of Easter over the years with our children.  We have made some good memories coloring and hiding Easter eggs and Easter baskets filled with candy and sunglasses.  (But no chocolate for my daughter in her early years because of a milk allergy.)  We have spent this holiday with family and with friends.  One of my favorite memories is when we saw a real bunny in our yard and told our first born it was the Easter Bunny.  He chased it and tried to catch it until it ran out of our yard.  Needless to say he wasn't very happy that he didn't catch it.  Another memory is when my sister would bring her kids into town to visit and would organize a family Easter egg hunt.  I miss those days.  As my children are now older, they still want to hang on to those traditions.  As we are not going to be able to hide Easter baskets this year, my youngest who is now 14 1/2 said to me, "Well, can we at least have the candy?"  It is too bad that we have come to enjoy the ways of the world so much.

But, not too much.  My family does celebrate the true meaning of Easter.  We know that Easter is the time to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  It is only through Him that we will all be able to live again.  If we live worthily then we will be able to live with God, our Eternal Father. Jesus Christ is the one that made this possible.  He took on the sins of the world and paid the price for all our mistakes.  We can take upon us his atonement by repenting of our sins and asking for forgiveness.  I am truly grateful for the sacrifice that was made in behalf of myself and my family.  I am truly grateful for the plan of salvation... that I came to earth to learn and grow.  That I have a family here on earth and by following God's plan I will live with God and with my family.  I am truly blessed.

May you have a wonderful Easter season and celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ in your own way.  :)  

No comments: